More From Nicholas Sparks
- "I think that men know how to romance a woman and most do it well, at least for a time, otherwise women wouldn’t marry them. The problem is that most of them begin to rest on their laurels."
- "Publishing is a business. Writing may be art, but publishing, when all is said and done, comes down to dollars."
- "My wife, my family, my friends – they’ve all taught me things about love and what that emotion really means. In a nutshell, loving someone is about giving, not receiving."
More In Attitude
- "Having a child makes you strong and gives you chutzpah. It relaxed my attitude to the job; my center of focus shifted, which I think is very helpful, because even if you’re not a very indulgent actor you spend a lot of time thinking about yourself. I don’t think that is particularly healthy."― Imelda Staunton
- "Americans have always had an ambivalent attitude toward intelligence. When they feel threatened, they want a lot of it, and when they don’t, they regard the whole thing as somewhat immoral."― Vernon A. Walters
- "If you can attribute your success entirely to your own mental effort, to your own attitude, to some spiritual essence that you have that is better than other people’s, then that must feel pretty good."― Barbara Ehrenreich