More From Tom Waits
- "You know what I really love? The CD players in a car. How when you put the CD right up by the slot, it actually takes it out of your hand, like it’s hungry. It pulls it in, and you feel like it wants more silver discs."
- "Most songs have meager beginnings. You wake up in the morning, you throw on your suspenders, and you subvocalize and just think. They seem to form like calcium. I can’t think of a story right off the bat that was that interesting. I write things on the back of my hand, usually, and sing into a tape recorder."
- "As a kid, I did want to be an old-timer, since they were the ones with the big stories and the cool clothes. I wanted to go there. Now, I guess I want to bring that with me and go back in time."
More In Attitude
- "‘UFO’s’ attitude toward the subject is very similar to mine. It’s not an advocacy; its philosophy is more ‘I want to believe this, but I want it proved.’"― Dwight Schultz
- "I’m not geeky but I have my geeky, corky moments, and then I’ve got some aspects of cool in me, I guess."― Nick Cannon
- "Attitude is your acceptance of the natural laws, or your rejection of the natural laws."― Stuart Chase