More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
More In Education
- "I’ve seen people with a tremendous amount of educational background in the field not turn out to be terribly good actors, and I’ve seen people with no education in the field turn out to be people that I admire quite a bit."― Ron Silver
- "I want to see far more decisions taken far closer to the patients, the passengers and the pupils. Far more power for locally and regionally elected politicians who understand best the needs of their areas. And far more say too for the dedicated staff at all levels in health and education."― Charles Kennedy
- "We must believe in the power of education. We must respect just laws. We must love ourselves, our old and or young, our women as well as our men."― Arthur Ashe