More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Education
- "Education, whatever else it should or should not be, must be an inoculation against the poisons of life and an adequate equipment in knowledge and skill for meeting the chances of life."― Havelock Ellis
- "Growing up, I was encouraged to get a good education, get a real job doing something I enjoyed, and, should the opportunity present itself, consider public service as just that: a chance to serve, not an end in itself."― John Sununu
- "Purity of personal life is the one indispensable condition for building up a sound education."― Mahatma Gandhi