More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Education
- "Whatever education I got was from experience and reading. But I also realize I wouldn’t pass my friend’s sixth-grade class."― Michelle Williams
- "A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education."― Theodore Roosevelt
- "When you have strict censorship of the internet, young students cannot receive a full education. Their view of the world is imbalanced. There can be no true discussion of the issues."― Ai Weiwei