More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "True education flowers at the point when delight falls in love with responsibility."― Philip Pullman
- "It would be nice if education was free to everyone who wanted it, but that’s not the world we live in."― Glenda Jackson
- "All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education."― Walter Scott