More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Education
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."― Maya Angelou
- "But to me the bottom line is the more education you can give yourself, and the more preparation you can do, the less chance of failing."― Stuart Pearce
- "Very likely education does not make very much difference."― Gertrude Stein