More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "The worst thing that happens to you may be the best thing for you if you don’t let it get the best of you."― Will Rogers
- "I am blessed to have Mom and Dad."― Kevin Eubanks
- "Why has elegance found so little following? That is the reality of it. Elegance has the disadvantage, if that’s what it is, that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it."― Edsger Dijkstra