More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Strength
- "If the label presents them with a contract that the band don’t want to sign, all the label has to do is wait. There are a hundred other bands willing to sign the exact same contract, so the label is in a position of strength."― Steve Albini
- "The strength of America is not in Washington."― J. C. Watts
- "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will."― Vince Lombardi