More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
More In Strength
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."― Dorothy Day
- "I love to sing and I do think that my strength as a singer is… I think I have a voice that is certainly sufficient under most any circumstances… but I think my strength is that I really am an actor and I really do have to own what I am saying."― Gregory Harrison
- "Each is under the most sacred obligation not to squander the material committed to him, not to sap his strength in folly and vice, and to see at the least that he delivers a product worthy the labor and cost which have been expended on him."― Anna Julia Cooper