More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Strength
- "Blind and unwavering undisciplined at all times constitutes the real strength of all free men."― Alfred Jarry
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."― W. E. B. Du Bois
- "What is exciting is not for one person to be stronger than the other… but for two people to have met their match and yet they are equally as stubborn, as obstinate, as passionate, as crazy as the other."― Barbra Streisand