More From Maya Angelou
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
More In Men
- "In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, soundness of health is impossible."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry."― Thomas Jefferson
- "A bachelor is a guy who never made the same mistake once."― Phyllis Diller