More From Maya Angelou
- "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Men
- "We cannot learn men from books."― Benjamin Disraeli
- "There is nothing, Sir, too little for so little a creature as man. It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having as little misery and as much happiness as possible."― Samuel Johnson
- "Injustice, poverty, slavery, ignorance – these may be cured by reform or revolution. But men do not live only by fighting evils. They live by positive goals, individual and collective, a vast variety of them, seldom predictable, at times incompatible."― Isaiah Berlin