More From Maya Angelou
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
More In Men
- "Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them."― Dion Boucicault
- "Men often act knowingly against their interest."― David Hume
- "CNN found that Hillary Clinton is the most admired woman in America. Women admire her because she’s strong and successful. Men admire her because she allows her husband to cheat and get away with it."― Jay Leno