More From Maya Angelou
- "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
More In Home
- "My biggest nightmare is I’m driving home and get sick and go to hospital. I say: ‘Please help me.’ And the people say: ‘Hey, you look like…’ And I’m dying while they’re wondering whether I’m Barbra Streisand."― Barbra Streisand
- "I was making a lot of 8mm home movies, since I was twelve, making little dramas and comedies with the neighborhood kids."― Steven Spielberg
- "For years my wedding ring has done its job. It has led me not into temptation. It has reminded my husband numerous times at parties that it’s time to go home. It has been a source of relief to a dinner companion. It has been a status symbol in the maternity ward."― Erma Bombeck