More From Maya Angelou
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
More In Home
- "It’s nice to have some continuity you can come back to. I feel that in coming home, coming back to London."― Felicity Jones
- "Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is."― Charles M. Schulz
- "I’m not sure what the future holds but I do know that I’m going to be positive and not wake up feeling desperate. As my dad said “Nic, it is what it is, it’s not what it should have been, not what it could have been, it is what it is”."― Nicole Kidman