More From Rainer Maria Rilke
- "A person isn’t who they are during the last conversation you had with them – they’re who they’ve been throughout your whole relationship."
- "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky."
- "The deepest experience of the creator is feminine, for it is experience of receiving and bearing."
More In Art
- "We work in the dark – we do what we can – we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."― Henry James
- "From a worldly point of view, there is no mistake so great as that of being always right."― Samuel Butler
- "Since obscenity is the truth of our passion today, it is the only stuff of art – or almost the only stuff."― David Herbert Lawrence