More From Maya Angelou
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
- "There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it."
More In Work
- "Evil gains work their punishment."― Sophocles
- "The thing about the 600 words, I mean some day, you can do a very, very, very hard day’s work and not write a word, just revising, or you would scribble a few words."― J. K. Rowling
- "I think that I need to work on being comfortable at being normal, everyday-ish on camera."― Christina Ricci