More From Maya Angelou
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Work
- "For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."― Jessica Savitch
- "Sampling is kind of prehistoric, given the technology and the textures you can create."― Macklemore
- "I hope my music sets up the platform for me to be able to do lots of things – to have a cowboy-boot line, maybe, or do a perfume or makeup deal."― Miranda Lambert