More From Maya Angelou
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
- "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
More In Work
- "The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more."― Jonas Salk
- "The biggest risk I’ve ever taken is going on American Idol and trying to be myself. I wasn’t going to try too hard to conform, and I knew that it could possibly not work out."― Adam Lambert
- "Unemployment is capitalism’s way of getting you to plant a garden."― Orson Scott Card