More From Maya Angelou
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
- "If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude."
- "One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
More In Great
- "I don’t think actors should ever expect to get a role, because the disappointment is too great. You’ve got to think of things as an opportunity. An audition’s an opportunity to have an audience."― Al Pacino
- "However glorious an action in itself, it ought not to pass for great if it be not the effect of wisdom and intention."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Marriage is a great institution, but I’m not ready for an institution."― Mae West