More From Maya Angelou
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it."
- "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
More In Music
- "I think the difficult thing is the transition between TV competition series and going into the actual music industry. There still seems to be a slight disconnect there."― Adam Lambert
- "For me, great music doesn’t just have to fall into one category or one genre and I love appreciating all kinds of music."― Taylor Swift
- "In rare cases, I’ve had music before I shot the movie. I think that for ‘Good Will Hunting’ I had an Elliot Smith record or a couple of them and I just somehow felt like the sound had something to it that reminded me of the story. So in that case there was music beforehand."― Gus Van Sant