More From Maya Angelou
- "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: “I’m with you kid. Let’s go.”"
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
More In Life
- "I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."― J. K. Rowling
- "The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life – mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical."― Julius Erving
- "I may speak with an accent, but I don’t think with an accent."― Tomas Gorny