More From Maya Angelou
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
- "Nothing will work unless you do."
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
More In Life
- "To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead."― Bertrand Russell
- "I suggest that the introductory courses in science, at all levels from grade school through college, be radically revised. Leave the fundamentals, the so-called basics, aside for a while, and concentrate the attention of all students on the things that are not known."― Lewis Thomas
- "Life must be lived as play."― Plato