More From Maya Angelou
- "All great achievements require time."
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
More In Famous
- "And my marriage was perfect when I wasn’t famous."― Damon Wayans
- "The hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you."― Robert De Niro
- "I have so much empathy for these young actors that are 19 and all of a sudden they’re beautiful and famous and rich. I’m like, ‘Oh my God, I’d be dead.’"― Philip Seymour Hoffman