More From Maya Angelou
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Famous
- "I think the issue is that Americans traveling abroad if gotten into legal problems should have access to a fair trial and an impartial tribunal."― Maria Cantwell
- "I don’t want to end up being a circus act, doing my most famous tricks when I’m 70."― Pharrell Williams
- "I’m actually about as famous as a fourth division footballer from the 70s."― Dylan Moran