More From Maya Angelou
- "One isn’t necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential. Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue with consistency. We can’t be kind, true, merciful, generous, or honest."
- "The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed."
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
More In Famous
- "I always loved working as an actress, but I didn’t understand why I couldn’t just opt out of being famous. And then I realized you can, and I think I did. And eventually, I came to understand that you can do that and also keep working."― Debra Winger
- "My business is to teach my aspirations to confirm themselves to fact, not to try and make facts harmonize with my aspirations."― Thomas Huxley
- "I have never wanted to be famous, as such – fame is a by-product."― Steve Coogan