More From Maya Angelou
- "My life has been one great big joke, a dance that’s walked a song that’s spoke, I laugh so hard I almost choke when I think about myself."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
More In Love
- "No work or love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now."― Alan Watts
- "But love’s a malady without a cure."― John Dryden
- "As they say in Italy, Italians were eating with a knife and fork when the French were still eating each other. The Medici family had to bring their Tuscan cooks up there so they could make something edible."― Mario Batali