More From Maya Angelou
- "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
More In Great
- "Great people talk about ideas, average people talk about things, and small people talk about wine."― Fran Lebowitz
- "A large part of acting is just pretending. You get to work with these other great make-believers, all making believe as hard as they can."― Jeff Bridges
- "I very rarely came across rude or disrespectful people. I don’t know how I slipped by all of them, but I honestly can’t think of one experience off the top of my head that was like that. I’m sure they’re there, but I’d have to think really hard to recall them."― Scott Baio