More From Maya Angelou
- "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
- "There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it."
- "The fact that the adult American Negro female emerges a formidable character is often met with amazement, distaste and even belligerance. It is seldom accepted as an inevitable outcome of the struggle won by survivors, and deserves respect if not enthusiastic acceptance."
More In Life
- "If we had a keen vision of all that is ordinary in human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow or the squirrel’s heart beat, and we should die of that roar which is the other side of silence."― George Eliot
- "I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment."― Hilaire Belloc
- "Brevity is a great charm of eloquence."― Marcus Tullius Cicero