More From Maya Angelou
- "The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned."
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
More In Change
- "Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them."― Sai Baba
- "Goals allow you to control the direction of change in your favor."― Brian Tracy
- "We had such a wonderful set of circumstances in Wilmington. Yes, the four of us became famous literally overnight, but we were in a small town and we always knew when people were coming down. We always knew when to behave."― Katie Holmes