More From Barbara Bush
- "It seems to me I spent my life in car pools, but you know, that’s how I kept track of what was going on."
- "I’m not a competitive person, and I think women like me because they don’t think I’m competitive, just nice."
- "Well, look at what people are doing for returned veterans now. The wounded warriors. They’re working hard to make the wounded veterans feel that they are loved and welcomed home, unlike Vietnam. It was not a very kind, gentle world then. I think we are kinder and gentler."
More In Change
- "For real change, we need feminine energy in the management of the world. We need a critical number of women in positions of power, and we need to nurture the feminine energy in men."― Isabel Allende
- "I shall not change my course because those who assume to be better than I desire it."― Victoria Woodhull
- "There are many things we do not want about the world. Let us not just mourn them. Let us change them."― Ferdinand Marcos