More From Barbara Bush
- "To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."
- "The personal things should be left out of platforms at conventions. You can argue yourself blue in the face, and you’re not going to change each other’s minds. It’s a waste of your time and my time."
- "I may be the only mother in America who knows exactly what their child is up to all the time."
More In Women
- "Once brave politicians and others explain the war on drugs’ true cost, the American people will scream for a cease-fire. Bring the troops home, people will urge. Treat drugs as a health problem, not as a matter for the criminal justice system."― Larry Elder
- "I’m as famous as I want to be."― Tracey Ullman
- "There are few virtuous women who are not bored with their trade."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld