More From Barbara Bush
- "Well, look at what people are doing for returned veterans now. The wounded warriors. They’re working hard to make the wounded veterans feel that they are loved and welcomed home, unlike Vietnam. It was not a very kind, gentle world then. I think we are kinder and gentler."
- "Family and friends and faith are the most important things in your life and you should be building friendships."
- "I decided I ought to pick a project that would not be controversial, that would not really cost the government a lot of money."
More In Parenting
- "If you’re asking your kids to exercise, then you better do it, too. Practice what you preach."― Bruce Jenner
- "No matter how calmly you try to referee, parenting will eventually produce bizarre behavior, and I’m not talking about the kids. Their behavior is always normal."― Bill Cosby
- "Even as kids reach adolescence, they need more than ever for us to watch over them. Adolescence is not about letting go. It’s about hanging on during a very bumpy ride."― Ron Taffel