More From Barbara Bush
- "I may be the only mother in America who knows exactly what their child is up to all the time."
- "I’m not a competitive person, and I think women like me because they don’t think I’m competitive, just nice."
- "I decided I ought to pick a project that would not be controversial, that would not really cost the government a lot of money."
More In Society
- "The most unpardonable sin in society is independence of thought."― Emma Goldman
- "There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening, that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique."― Martha Graham
- "I am now quite cured of seeking pleasure in society, be it country or town. A sensible man ought to find sufficient company in himself."― Emily Bronte