More From Abdul Kalam
- "Why are we, as a nation so obsessed with foreign things? Is it a legacy of our colonial years? We want foreign television sets. We want foreign shirts. We want foreign technology. Why this obsession with everything imported?"
- "Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work."
- "One lesson that every nation can learn from China is to focus more on creating village-level enterprises, quality health services and educational facilities."
More In Dreams
- "I think basically becoming famous has taken the place of going to Heaven in modern society, hasn’t it? That’s the place where your dreams will come true. It’s an act of faith now; they think that’s going to sort things out."― Jarvis Cocker
- "My fear is that I go up to the girl of my dreams and say ‘I’m sorry, but I’ve got to say hello to you,’ and she slides the stool back and gets up and walks away, saying, ‘Not for me, Bub. I don’t want anything to do with you.’"― John Mayer
- "Dreams do come true. If anyone’s proof of that, it’s me."― Jennifer Hudson