More From Abdul Kalam
- "Tell me, why is the media here so negative? Why are we in India so embarrassed to recognise our own strengths, our achievements? We are such a great nation. We have so many amazing success stories but we refuse to acknowledge them. Why?"
- "I was willing to accept what I couldn’t change."
- "One lesson that every nation can learn from China is to focus more on creating village-level enterprises, quality health services and educational facilities."
More In Family
- "I grew up in a family that was multifaceted, sexually oriented, and pretty much open to everything. And because I was working, my friends were all adults. I had a tough time going to different schools because people knew me from films and I was the fat child who got beaten up every day."― Drew Barrymore
- "He was of the faith chiefly in the sense that the church he currently did not attend was Catholic."― Kingsley Amis
- "I was raised by a single mother who made a way for me. She used to scrub floors as a domestic worker, put a cleaning rag in her pocketbook and ride the subways in Brooklyn so I would have food on the table. But she taught me as I walked her to the subway that life is about not where you start, but where you’re going. That’s family values."― Al Sharpton