More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
More In Strength
- "He’s an innocent in a lot of ways. He’s a very simple person who really doesn’t have the resources or the strength, ultimately, to handle the situation."― Jared Leto
- "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people."― Franklin D. Roosevelt