More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
More In Strength
- "If a weakly mortal is to do anything in the world besides eat the bread thereof, there must be a determined subordination of the whole nature to the one aim no trifling with time, which is passing, with strength which is only too limited."― Beatrice Webb
- "The five separate fingers are five independent units. Close them and the fist multiplies strength. This is organization."― James Cash Penney
- "I admired in others the strength that I lacked myself."― Georg Brandes