More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Strength
- "Atheism shows strength of mind, but only to a certain degree."― Blaise Pascal
- "If a man or woman has something redone it is because he or she can no longer live with that part of their body, it is no longer bearable. Either they get help and find the strength to fight or they proceed with the act."― Emmanuelle Beart
- "True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself."― Henry Miller