More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Strength
- "A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people."― Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "The financial crisis should not become an excuse to raise taxes, which would only undermine the economic growth required to regain our strength."― George W. Bush
- "It is wonderful what strength of purpose and boldness and energy of will are roused by the assurance that we are doing our duty."― Walter Scott