More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Strength
- "I have the people behind me and the people are my strength."― Huey Newton
- "The source of my power and strength is God, and I know it, without a shadow of a doubt."― Derek Fisher
- "Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool."― Esther Williams