More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
More In Women
- "You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy."― Erica Jong
- "Black women are programmed to define ourselves within this male attention and to compete with each other for it rather than to recognize and move upon our common interests."― Audre Lorde
- "Women want love to be a novel, men a short story."― Daphne du Maurier