More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Women
- "They say that women talk too much. If you have worked in Congress you know that the filibuster was invented by men."― Clare Boothe Luce
- "If I start outsourcing all my navigation to a little talking box in my car, I’m sort of screwed. I’m going to lose my car in the parking lot every single time."― Ken Jennings
- "The problem is that for women, the average time is just over 14 minutes… men are left with about 12 minutes during which time they need to think of something to do!"― Phil McGraw