More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Power
- "When we consistently suppress and distrust our intuitive knowingness, looking instead for authority, validation, and approval from others, we give our personal power away."― Shakti Gawain
- "It is the sincerest thing I have written, caught by the drama of a soul struggling in the contrary toils of love and religion – death brought them into harmony."― Laurence Housman
- "Power ought to serve as a check to power."― Charles de Secondat