More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "An American, a Negro… two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Power
- "Knowledge is the most democratic source of power."― Alvin Toffler
- "Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes."― Eleanor Roosevelt
- "If in preaching the gospel you substitute your knowledge of the way of salvation for confidence in the power of the gospel, you hinder people from getting to reality."― Oswald Chambers