More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "Education is that whole system of human training within and without the school house walls, which molds and develops men."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
More In Power
- "A man who lives right, and is right, has more power in his silence than another has by his words."― Phillips Brooks
- "When I was growing up, my mother was always a friend to my siblings and me (in addition to being all the other things a mom is), and I was always grateful for that because I knew she was someone I could talk to and joke with, and argue with and that nothing would ever harm that friendship."― Marlo Thomas
- "There is that in the glance of a flower which may at times control the greatest of creation’s braggart lords."― John Muir