More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "I had a great education. From kindergarten to John Dewey High School in Coney Island, I am public-school educated."― Spike Lee
- "I mean the public likes it more in Europe than they do here because the state supported organizations have felt that playing contemporary music was part of the education of the public."― Elliott Carter
- "Education is the power to think clearly, the power to act well in the worlds work, and the power to appreciate life."― Brigham Young