More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "One ever feels his twoness – an American, a Negro; two souls, two thoughts, two unreconciled strivings; two warring ideals in one dark body, whose dogged strength alone keeps it from being torn asunder."
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
More In Education
- "Religion is the solid basis of good morals; therefore education should teach the precepts of religion, and the duties of man toward God."― Gouverneur Morris
- "I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education."― David Rockefeller
- "We must ensure our system of higher education offers world-class quality for a world-class economy."― Bob Taft