More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "The power of the ballot we need in sheer defense, else what shall save us from a second slavery?"
More In Education
- "Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man’s lifetime income – which he then spends sending his son to college."― Bill Vaughan
- "The Dell Theory of Conflict Prevention argues that no two countries that are both part of the same global supply chain will ever fight a war as long as they are each part of that supply chain."― Thomas Friedman
- "You can’t have a university without having free speech, even though at times it makes us terribly uncomfortable. If students are not going to hear controversial ideas on college campuses, they’re not going to hear them in America. I believe it’s part of their education."― Donna Shalala