More From W. E. B. Du Bois
- "A little less complaint and whining, and a little more dogged work and manly striving, would do us more credit than a thousand civil rights bills."
- "But what of black women?… I most sincerely doubt if any other race of women could have brought its fineness up through so devilish a fire."
- "Children learn more from what you are than what you teach. (W.E.B DuBois)"
More In Education
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives."― Robert M. Hutchins
- "The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth."― John F. Kennedy
- "To compete in a global economy, our students must continue their education beyond high school. To make this expectation a reality, we must give students the tools they need to succeed, including the opportunity to take a college entrance exam."― Jennifer Granholm