More From Maya Angelou
- "Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told: “I’m with you kid. Let’s go.”"
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
More In Travel
- "I can tell you that when I travel the state, when I talk to people, they are really struggling, in a very real way. They’re losing their jobs, they’re losing their homes, they’re dealing with financial challenges."― Alexi Giannoulias
- "What should I have known or written had I been a quiet, mercantile politician or a lord in waiting? A man must travel, and turmoil, or there is no existence."― George Byron
- "There are so many things I want to do. Like, I want to get an artist, a musician, a photographer, and a bunch of dancers that I know and just travel across Africa and just film it and just see what happens. Do and learn as much as I possibly can. Luckily, I have a lot more time."― Channing Tatum