More From Maya Angelou
- "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)"
- "As far as I knew white women were never lonely, except in books. White men adored them, Black men desired them and Black women worked for them."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Courage
- "Love is the most difficult and dangerous form of courage. Courage is the most desperate, admirable and noble kind of love."― Delmore Schwartz
- "Courage is never to let your actions be influenced by your fears."― Arthur Koestler
- "Let who will boast their courage in the field, I find but little safety from my shield, Nature’s, not honour’s law we must obey: This made me cast my useless shield away."― Archilochus