More From Maya Angelou
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
- "History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
- "I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself."
More In Music
- "I don’t feel a day older when it comes to my approach to music or what gets me off than when I was a teenager. I’ve always been into different kinds of stuff and when I play I like to play loud. I like my arm hairs to move and I like my body to vibrate ’cause I like the feel of it; I’m still a teenager at heart."― Eddie Van Halen
- "I have no love for myself as a human being, but I have immense pride in the music I make."― Steven Patrick Morrissey
- "I didn’t really see the British punk movement, if that’s what it was, as wildly original, because I had been listening so intently to all the New York music since 1973, really."― Steven Patrick Morrissey