More From Maya Angelou
- "All great achievements require time."
- "The sadness of the women’s movement is that they don’t allow the necessity of love. See, I don’t personally trust any revolution where love is not allowed."
- "My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return."
More In Music
- "You can have great sequences with music, but if you don’t have the acting you’re bored after 15 minutes. Or not bored, but you’re like, ‘So what?’"― Danny Boyle
- "There was this mountain village in Russia where my music was getting in on some German radio station. I remember this because music used to get up to Saskatchewan from Texas. Late at night after the local station closed down."― Joni Mitchell
- "I hate talking about music, to tell you the truth."― Brian Eno