More From Maya Angelou
- "My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
- "Nothing will work unless you do."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Life
- "It is not doing the thing we like to do, but liking the thing we have to do, that makes life blessed."― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "One must be fond of people and trust them if one is not to make a mess of life."― E. M. Forster
- "The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others."― Albert Schweitzer