More From Maya Angelou
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
- "I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."
More In Good
- "You grow up a bit damaged or broken then you have some success but you don’t know how to feel good about the work you’re doing or the life you’re leading."― Johnny Depp
- "Although I do not have a family, I have eyes, ears and imagination, and know, as most people know, that the importance of one’s children is paramount."― Lara St. John
- "Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something."― Henry David Thoreau