More From Maya Angelou
- "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
- "Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness."
- "Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."
More In Good
- "Anybody can be good in the country. There are no temptations there."― Oscar Wilde
- "While playing golf today I hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake."― Henny Youngman
- "You control your future, your destiny. What you think about comes about. By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands – your own."― Mark Victor Hansen