More From Maya Angelou
- "Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
- "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- "At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice."
More In Hope
- "If you begin to give people hope that there is a brighter future, there is a new tomorrow, then the people who were yesterday’s terrorists become tomorrow’s elected officials and they’re part of the system."― John Shelby Spong
- "I hope when I’m dead I’ll be considered an icon, though."― Lady Gaga
- "Fear cannot be without hope nor hope without fear."― Baruch Spinoza