More From Boris Pasternak
- "I don’t like people who have never fallen or stumbled. Their virtue is lifeless and it isn’t of much value. Life hasn’t revealed its beauty to them."
- "I come here to speak poetry. It will always be in the grass. It will also be necessary to bend down to hear it. It will always be too simple to be discussed in assemblies."
- "You fall into my arms. You are the good gift of destruction’s path, When life sickens more than disease. And boldness is the root of beauty. Which draws us together."
More In Art
- "The arts are an even better barometer of what is happening in our world than the stock market or the debates in congress."― Hendrik Willem Van Loon
- "The school made it very clear that women were entitled to positions of authority. That sense of entitlement allowed us to feel that we have a natural place in leadership in the world. That gave me a mental and emotional confidence."― Linda Vester
- "The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook."― William James