More From Robert Delaunay
- "Art in Nature is rhythmic and has a horror of constraint."
- "This communication alone, by the comparison of the antagonisms, rivalries, movements which give birth to decisive moments, permits the evolution of the soul, whereby a man realizes himself on earth. It is impossible to be concerned with anything else in art."
- "Nature engenders the science of painting."
More In Art
- "You know more of a road by having traveled it than by all the conjectures and descriptions in the world."― William Hazlitt
- "Ethics is in origin the art of recommending to others the sacrifices required for cooperation with oneself."― Bertrand Russell
- "It’s high time for the art world to admit that the avant-garde is dead. It was killed by my hero, Andy Warhol, who incorporated into his art all the gaudy commercial imagery of capitalism (like Campbell’s soup cans) that most artists had stubbornly scorned."― Camille Paglia