More From Queen Victoria
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
More In Great
- "The last great delusion is soon to open before us. Antichrist is to perform his marvelous works in our sight So closely will the counterfeit resemble the true that it will be impossible to distinguish between them except by the Holy Scriptures."― Ellen G. White
- "It seems to me there is a change in what audiences want to see. I can only hope that’s correct, because there’s an awful lot of people of my age around now and we outnumber the others."― Maggie Smith
- "You need a little bit of insanity to do great things."― Henry Rollins