More From Queen Victoria
- "Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves."
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "I think people really marry far too much; it is such a lottery after all, and for a poor woman a very doubtful happiness."
More In Marriage
- "I remember being upset because I was finally legal to drink in Canada, and I decided to throw that all away and move to America, where I had to wait another two years. I came here to do improv and to try to join the Groundlings."― Ryan Reynolds
- "No man should marry until he has studied anatomy and dissected at least one woman."― Honore de Balzac
- "I am hoping this is my year to have children. I understand that I am possibly more European in my views of marriage. I am not going to say I’m not going to get married, but it’s not my priority."― Emily Procter