More From Queen Victoria
- "When I think of a merry, happy, free young girl – and look at the ailing, aching state a young wife generally is doomed to – which you can’t deny is the penalty of marriage."
- "A marriage is no amusement but a solemn act, and generally a sad one."
- "Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves."
More In Happiness
- "The most simple things can bring the most happiness."― Izabella Scorupco
- "No true and permanent fame can be founded except in labors which promote the happiness of mankind."― Charles Sumner
- "Households, cities, countries, and nations have enjoyed great happiness when a single individual has taken heed of the Good and Beautiful. Such people not only liberate themselves; they fill those they meet with a free mind."― Philo