More From Maya Angelou
- "Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him."
- "If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love."
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
More In Courage
- "It takes far less courage to kill yourself than it takes to make yourself wake up one more time. It’s harder to stay where you are than to get out. For everyone but you, that is."― Judith Rossner
- "Courage is a kind of salvation."― Plato
- "Courage is just fear, plus prayers, plus understanding."― Edward Albert