More From Maya Angelou
- "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. (Maya Angelou)"
- "The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind."
- "While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation."
More In Life
- "Ships that pass in the night, and speak each other in passing, only a signal shown, and a distant voice in the darkness; So on the ocean of life, we pass and speak one another, only a look and a voice, then darkness again and a silence."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these."― George Washington Carver
- "Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war."― Loren Eiseley