More From Judy Collins
- "I was raised to speak out about politics and the world around me. I would do it whether I was in the public or not. It is the way I was taught. The American way."
- "I don’t dream songs. I’m more apt to write dreams down and then to be able to interpret them into a song. I also tend to get up and write prose in the morning from which will come songs."
- "For many centuries, suicides were treated like criminals by the society. That is part of the terrible legacy that has come down into society’s method of handling suicide recovery. Now we have to fight off the demons that have been hanging around suicide for centuries."
More In Teacher
- "What we now call school training, the pursuit of fixed studies at stated hours under the constant guidance of a teacher, I could scarcely be said to have enjoyed."― Simon Newcomb
- "Every man who rises above the common level has received two educations: the first from his teachers; the second, more personal and important, from himself."― Edward Gibbon
- "You know how to tell if the teacher is hung over? Movie Day."― Jay Mohr