More From Jan Schakowsky
- "As grateful as we are for all the work the community health centers do, it is also important that we recognize that they cannot solve the health care crisis facing our Nation by themselves."
- "Community health centers do a great deal with limited resources. They provide critical medical care services to many who would otherwise have no other place to go or would end up in an emergency room."
- "We need a vibrant Medicaid program and strategies to expand affordable access to health care for all, especially for the specialty care services that community health centers do not provide."
More In Health
- "While Haiti has recently celebrated more than 200 years of independence from French colonial rule, the citizens of the island remain vulnerable to poverty, poor health, and political chaos."― Eliot Engel
- "Do you know what the overhead is of the Medicare system? One-point-zero-five percent. Do you know what – private insurance is 30 percent in overhead and profits? Given a choice how I’m going to improve health care, I’m going to take it away from private insurance profits and overhead. Wouldn’t you?"― Anthony Weiner
- "Japan actually is an aging population, and so as the population has aged, they have had a lot more problems with health."― Shigeru Miyamoto