More From Ivan Pavlov
- "Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise."
- "It has long been known for sure that the sight of tasty food makes a hungry man’s mouth water; also lack of appetite has always been regarded as an undesirable phenomenon, from which one might conclude that appetite is essentially linked with the process of digestion."
- "But man has still another powerful resource: natural science with its strictly objective methods."
More In Food
- "In addition to contributing to erosion, pollution, food poisoning, and the dead zone, corn requires huge amounts of fossil fuel – it takes a half gallon of fossil fuel to produce a bushel of corn."― Michael Pollan
- "Food is a coping mechanism; people are afraid of giving it up because then they’ll feel confused and lost."― Phil McGraw
- "Between work and the kids, I never see anyone anymore. I mean, when I first met with ABC last spring, and they asked me what I’d been doing lately, I said: ‘Gee, I have two kids. I’m usually covered with food, wrinkled and feel guilty all the time."― Felicity Huffman