More From Ivan Pavlov
- "From the described experiment it is clear that the mere act of eating, the food even not reaching the stomach, determines the stimulation of the gastric glands."
- "Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise."
- "Edible substances evoke the secretion of thick, concentrated saliva. Why? The answer, obviously, is that this enables the mass of food to pass smoothly through the tube leading from the mouth into the stomach."
More In Food
- "It’s fun to pick a cuisine and say I’m going to research Ethiopian food, and see what it’s all about. You find that there are a lot of similarities in cuisines from around the world and a lot of similar flavors."― Cat Cora
- "The worst food you’ll ever eat will probably be prepared by a ‘cook’ who calls himself a ‘chef.’ Mark my words."― Alton Brown
- "In my travels, I also noticed that kids in Thailand like spicy food, and kids in India love curry. I’m hoping to introduce my son, Hudson, to lots of veggies and spices when he’s young. I say that before he’s started on solid foods, so it could be easier in theory than practice!"― Curtis Stone