More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death."
- "It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is."
- "Great abundance of riches cannot be gathered and kept by any man without sin."
More In Women
- "Yes, it’s a man’s world, but that’s all right because they’re making a total mess of it. We’re chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it’s a difficult task, but it’s not."― Cher
- "If you have one good series, you know, it’s a blessing. Two good series is unusual. Three is a phenomenon, but right now, I’m working with these wonderful women on ‘Hot in Cleveland,’ and Valerie Bertinelli, and Wendy Malick and Jane Leeves are like, it’s like the buddy-ship we had on ‘Golden Girls’ and ‘Mary Tyler Moore.’"― Betty White
- "A brain is a society of very small, simple modules that cannot be said to be thinking, that are not smart in themselves. But when you have a network of them together, out of that arises a kind of smartness."― Kevin Kelly