More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is."
- "The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death."
- "Nothing is as peevish and pedantic as men’s judgments of one another."
More In Hope
- "I think almost every writer in the world would hope that books would be always talked about with respect and civility and depth and seriousness."― Dave Eggers
- "I had in mind a message, although I hope it doesn’t intrude too badly, persuading Americans, and especially Southerners, of the critical importance of land and our vanishing natural environment and wildlife."― E. O. Wilson
- "I hope I live long enough to see every hungry school child in the world being fed under the so-called McGovern-Dole program."― George McGovern