More From Debbie Stabenow
- "Five thousand people every day lose their home because of a medical bankruptcy. Most of them had insurance."
- "Social Security is not just the foundation of America’s retirement dignity and security, it ensures the economic stability and strength of our families and our state’s economy."
- "We need to build on the success of Social Security by developing bold and innovative ways for Americans to build wealth and save for retirement. I believe we can work together in a bipartisan manner to accomplish these goals."
More In Legal
- "Human-rights advocates, for example, claim that the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners is of a piece with President Bush’s 2002 decision to deny al Qaeda and Taliban fighters the legal status of prisoners of war under the Geneva Conventions."― John Yoo
- "By the fulfillment of my legal and moral duty I think I have earned punishment just as little as the tens of thousands of dutiful German officials who have now been imprisoned only because they carried out their duties."― Wilhelm Frick
- "I didn’t think marriage worked. I thought everybody who was married was secretly miserable – that it was something they just put up with for their children."― Salma Hayek