More From David Obey
- "It puts the provider in a situation of looking for ways to have someone else pick up a piece of the cost. As a result, every customer who has insurance ends up paying a ‘hidden premium.’ It simply adds to the health care cost burden."
- "We don’t have enough people going into those fields and there is a high burnout rate in some health care professions, so it is very important that we get more people into the pipeline right now."
- "I think we have to be very careful when we toss around terms like ‘cut health care costs.’ We would do very well to expect a cut in the rate of increase."
More In Health
- "I work very hard on my health, and I think about it, of course, like I’ve never thought before."― Ann Richards
- "Think for a moment about what Obamacare has done: The federal government has come up with its own (ever-evolving) definition of ‘health insurance,’ which now includes free access to sterilization, contraception, and certain abortifacients such as the morning-after pill."― John Cornyn
- "Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society."― Karl Marx