More From David Obey
- "I think we have to be very careful when we toss around terms like ‘cut health care costs.’ We would do very well to expect a cut in the rate of increase."
- "If you want quality service, you have to pay for it. You don’t buy into waste. I have great misgivings about the amount of advertising that we see in the health care field, some by hospitals, a lot by drug companies."
- "It puts the provider in a situation of looking for ways to have someone else pick up a piece of the cost. As a result, every customer who has insurance ends up paying a ‘hidden premium.’ It simply adds to the health care cost burden."
More In Health
- "Health care comprises nearly 20 percent of our national economy, but outdated bureaucracy and red tape have stifled competition and raised costs. As a result, today more than 45 million are without any health coverage."― John Shadegg
- "Hydraulic fracturing requires massive amounts of water. Disposing of the toxic wastewater, as well as accidental spills, can contaminate drinking water and harm human health."― David Suzuki
- "As patients and consumers, we are better informed today about our health care than any previous generation."― Patricia Hewitt